You can experience Feldenkrais two ways:
In private lessons the practitioner guides your movement with gentle, hands-on touch. This brings the nervous system to a higher state of integration and increased function. The potential of a private lesson is profound and powerful in its effects.
I used to hate movement. I was always in pain, with poor coordination and even worse posture. Through my long, frustrating search, I discovered the Feldenkrais Method®. It was the only thing that helped, and I began to understand that movement was a sensory process, even if I was unaware of it.
By training my awareness I learned to slow down and notice how I moved. This awareness created more choice in my nervous system. I was able to let go of long-held patterns. Muscular responses I thought were fixed began to shift. Using Dr. Feldenkrais's ingenious learning strategies, I retrained the habitual neuromuscular responses that kept me stuck in a cycle of pain and limitation.
Everyone can learn: This is because humans are naturally adaptable. Utilizing this inherent skill, the Feldenkrais Method guides you to sense how your whole self functions in every movement. You can learn to increase efficiency, comfort, and coordination, as well as improve your mental and emotional states. You can even relearn your whole life pattern.
You can benefit if you want to:
- feel lightness, ease, and effortlessness in your movement
- improve balance, flexibility, and coordination
- recover faster from injury or surgery
- find new strategies for a chronic limitation
- better regulate your nervous system's response to stress
- change underlying neuromuscular patterns that contribute to stress
- feel less scattered and more expansive
- rediscover your innate safety and support after a traumatic experience